Thursday 2 October 2014

Chocolate Gift Card

Now my laptop is mended I can share with you all the chocolate gift card I make at demos. This is an ideal little gift card for all those teachers, teachers assistants or the lady next door that takes your parcels in. You can make it to fit either chocolate or a diary, no surprise I made mine to fit a chocolate bar (yum)!



You'll have noticed the chocolate is missing and that's because Mum and I ate it on the way home from one of my demos! 

Instructions

  1. Measure your chocolate bar or diary. My Milka bar measured 19cm x 9cm and was 1cm deep, so I will give instructions using my measurements.
  2. First cut an A4 piece of card along it length so it's 19.5cm wide. If you have gone for a diary or other brand of chocolate you will need to cut accordingly.
  3. Now begin your scoring, I scored at 9.5cm to make the front flap
  4. Then I scored at 10.5, which made the side fold.
  5. Score again at 20cm.
  6. And finally at 21cm, use your bone folder to make the creases nice.
  7. You will see your gift card taking shape now. For the part that is going to sit on the inside and nestle the gift in I used Spellbinders Bracket die to make it fancy but any edging die or punch would work.
  8. Next I cut decorative panels to fit all the flaps.
  9. Decorate as you wish but don't forget to put your ribbon on so you can tie the gift up.
  10. I put a blank decorative panel on the inside flap so that I could write my message.
I hope you enjoy making this gift card as much as I do, it always goes down well at demos!

Melanie x


6 comments:

  1. what a fabulous idea hun . thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie this is a brilliant idea thank you for the instructions. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous idea Melanie, love the design and thanks for the instructions.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete