Friday 10 October 2014

IndigoBlu Challenge October

As many of you know I am very lucky to be a demonstrator for the wonderful quintessentially English stamp company IndigoBlu. Each month they have a different theme on their challenge blog and this month the theme was following a sketch drawn by the super talented Clare Horner. The challenge was thrown open to the demonstration team and this is what I came up with.


I just love the Rockin Robin stamp so knew my challenge card had to include him. First I stamped the image on to rich chocolate brown Centura Pearl card stock with Flitterglu. Then I stamped the background up using the Script stamp using the Flitterglu. 

Whilst waiting for the Flitterglu to 'cure' I stamped Rockin Robin on to some cream cardstock to match the card base and then went and had a cuppa. When I came back the Flitterglu was the perfect tackiness so I got busy with the Chariot of Fire Mega Flakes. I adhered the flakes and scoochied them. Then it was time to add the ribbon and start matting and layering. I have a bit of a 'thing' for ribbon so have a huuuuuge collection. After having a little rummage I found his gorgeous hessian ribbon which is printed with poinsettias and added the beautiful poinsettia flower to finish. 



You can see what the other girls did for their challenge card at http://indigoblublogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

10 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, hard to go wrong with indigoblu stamps.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Indigoblu dp some great stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, but I have trouble reading the font you have used due to a problem with my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card...love the stamped images...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning card and love the techniques used xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow super little Christmas card Melanie ... well done ... and yes you are very lucky to be on the DT for indigo blu just love their "stuff" ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card - the stamp looks great with gilding flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A truly beautiful creation, I'm sure it's given lots if inspiration for the challenge. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete