Friday 17 October 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Wedgewood!

I made this card in blue as that's my fave colour and it wasn't until afterwards when people started commenting it had a Wedgewood look to it that I spotted the connection!


The blue card is Hunkydory's Silk Art cardstock, which I believe is something like 350gsm. The background is created with the gorgeous and ever so versatile IndigoBlu flourish stamp. I stamped in Versamark then used Papermania Tinsel White Embossing Powder. I actually applied the embossing powder after each time I had stamped the flourish so I could see where I was going. Finally I used the new IndigoBlu stamp Connor's Crown Jewels to create the topper, which was also with the same powder. I matted and layered on to some silver mirri card just to define the topper and make it stand out from the background. Finally I assembled all the components on to an A5 scalloped card blank.

I took this card to a recent demo and it received some lovely comments. I hope you like it too.

Melanie x

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card very elegant and regal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Melanie. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I love how you matted the topper, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does have the look of Wedgewood! Love it Melanie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous Melanie.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous Melanie, love the colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card the colour look's gold ....so rich LOVE it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melanie I love this card. The colour does remind me of the Wedgewood pieces I used to buy my mum. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It definitely has a wedgewood look love all the embossing
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card, I love vintage flourish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card. Love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, very different

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Melanie and I love the blue. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty card love the colour x

    ReplyDelete